Where are the forms to modify custody?
We don't have those forms. Child custody is different for every family, so it would be difficult to have one form on line that would work for everyone. You will have to create a petition to modify support on your own and file it with your county clerk. Your petition should look like a court document, so you should use one of the court forms you already have relating to the child(ren), and make yours look like it. You should explain to the court in short, simple sentences what the situation is right now and how you would like for it to be. Your must also explain that the change in custody that your suggest is "in the best interest of the child(ren)" because that is the same standard that the court will use to determine if the change is appropriate. You can look at the other forms on line, like the motion to modify child support, to get a sense of how to set your document up and how to say what you want to say. You will need to file the petition with the court and you must also provide a copy to the other party.

Show All Answers

1. What happens if I miss my Court date?
2. Are there forms on the website to lower or increase the amount of child support?
3. Where are the forms to change a child's name? I see the ones to change an adult's name on the site, but not one for children.
4. Why can't you give legal advice?
5. Which forms do I use if I want to get a divorce and we have assets, but no children?
6. I want to file for a divorce but I cannot afford the filing fee. Is there anything I can do?
7. My spouse and I agree on everything. How fast can we get our divorce over with?
8. I would like to file for a guardianship, but I don't see the forms to do that.
9. Can I follow my case on-line?
10. Where are the forms to modify custody?
11. I just had a baby and the father is not paying child support. What should I do?
12. What should I do if my child's name is wrong on the birth certificate?
13. Is there somewhere I can call about how to calculate child support?
14. What can I do if I suspect that a child is being abused or neglected?
15. How can I get a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) or a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) appointed or removed from a case?
16. I have some questions about how to interpret the parenting time guidelines. Is there someone who can help?
17. My mortgage is about to be foreclosed on. Is there anyone I can call for assistance?
18. My roommate didn't pay his rent, so I shouldn't have to pay his share, right?
19. If there is a judgment against two of us, we each pay half?
20. Our divorce decree says my ex-spouse should pay this bill, so why am I being sued?
21. There was a default judgment entered against me, It should not have been entered; what can I do?
22. How do I file a motion?
23. I paid my judgment in full but it still shows I owe it on the credit report. How do I clear it off my record?