My ex is expecting a tax refund. Will I get that money, and when?
We're sorry, but we probably don't know, and we would not be permitted to disclose that information to you even if we did know. Federal tax information is protected by a very high level of security, and we are absolutely not permitted to discuss it with anyone other than the taxpayer.

What we can tell you is that, if the non-custodial parent owes past-due child support and is eligible for tax interception, we have requested the interception of State and Federal tax refunds. However, there are a number of reasons why our request may not be honored. For example, if the non-custodial owes back taxes, the tax refund will be applied to that debt first. If the non-custodial parent has another child support obligation, the refund may be applied to that case instead of yours. If you were (or are) receiving TANF benefits and the State has not been reimbursed for those benefits, the federal tax refund will be applied first to any amount owed to the State.

Show All Answers

1. My ex is expecting a tax refund. Will I get that money, and when?
2. How do I get out of your program?
3. The other parent owes me a lot of past-due child support, and I know I will never see it. Can I just write that off, so he will quit giving me a hard time about it?
4. The other parent got a new job and is making a lot more money. Why aren't I getting more child support?
5. The other parent lives in another state. Can you help me get child support?
6. Why can't you find my ex?
7. I keep going to court and nothing ever happens. Why can't you just throw the other parent in jail?
8. You sanctioned my TANF benefits. How do I get them back?
9. How long does it take to get child support?
10. Why do I have to submit all my questions to your office in writing?