- Thomas Murtaugh, President
- David Byers, Vice President
- Tracy Brown, Member @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2016 and Older
County Drainage BoardThe Surveyor is an ex-officio, non voting, member of the County Drainage Board. In this capacity the County Surveyor is the technical authority on the construction, reconstruction, and maintenance of all regulated drains or proposed regulated drains in the county. The board and Surveyor have jurisdiction over regulated drains. Regulated drains are drains established by either the Commissioners Court or Circuit Court of each county prior to 1965 or the Drainage Board since 1965. These drains are open ditches or tile drains or a combination.
The Surveyor also advises the Drainage Board in regards to compliance with the General Drainage Ordinance Establishing Storm Drainage and Sediment Control. The purpose of the ordinance is to reduce the hazard to public health and safety caused by excessive storm water runoff, to enhance economic objectives and to protect, conserve and promote the orderly development of land and water resources within the county.
Tippecanoe County Regulated Drain Map
(Note: This map is strictly for visual representation. Changes are constantly being made by the Drainage Board to County Regulated Drains. For more detailed and updated information, please contact the Tippecanoe County Surveyor's Office at (765) 423-9228.)
Beginning March 1, 2021, The Surveyors office will be open full staff for normal operations from 8 am to 4:30 pm. The office will not be closed during lunch hours.
Digital Submittals are still recommended.
Using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address for ALL correspondence to this department will ensure prompt attention to your email inquiry. Thank you
We are now accepting
Please click on the PayGov.US payment button below.
- 10 a.m. (Unless Otherwise Noted)
- 1st Wednesday of Every Month
- Tippecanoe County Building
20 N 3rd Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
2023 Drainage Board Meeting Dates
2023 Drainage Board Submittal Packet
TCSO Policy Change Effective March 1, 2019 New Policy (Permit Process)
Note: These dates and times are subject to revision by the Drainage Board.
Elliot Ditch Hotline: (317) 613-4515
- Resolution 2006-01-DB JN Kirkpatrick Drain (PDF)
- Resolution 2006-02-DB Haffner Drain (PDF)
- Resolution 2006-03-DB Berlowitz Drain (PDF)
- Resolution 2011-02-DB S.W. Elliott Drain Branch 11 (PDF)
- Resolution 2013-01-DB Indian Creek Drainage Impact Area (PDF)
- Resolution 2013-01-DB Indian Creek Drainage Impact Area Exhibit A (PDF)
- Resolution 2013-01-DB Indian Creek Drainage Impact Area Exhibit B (PDF)
- Resolution 2021-01-DB Establishing UPPER S.W. Elliott Impact Drainage Area (PDF)
- Application for Minor Subdivision Stormwater Permit (PDF)
- Application for Stormwater Permit (PDF)
- Recorder's Office Requirements for Recording Drain Petitions (PDF)
- Residential Lot Stormwater Plot Plan Review Request (PDF)
- Stormwater BMP Maintenance Agreement Form (PDF)
- Stormwater Review Checklist of Individual Lots (PDF)
- Maintenance Bond
- Performance Bond Secured by Deposit
- Rule 5 - Self-Monitoring Form
- 2022 Petition to Designate Private Mutual Drain
- 2022 Petition for Removal of Obstruction Form
- 2022 Petition For Reconstruction Or Maintenance Increase
- 2022 Petition To Establish A New Regulated Drain
- 2023 Petition to Partially Vacate a Regulated Drain
- 2023 Petition to Establish a New Regulated Drain
- 2023 Petition to Designate Mutual Drain as a Regulated Drain by less than all landowners
- 2023 Petition to Designate a New County Regulated Drain for Developers
- 2023 Petition for Encroachment
- 2023 Petition for Encroachment Crossing
- 2023 Petition to Vacate a Regulated Drain
- 2023 Petition to Reduce a Regulated Drain Easement