Cary Home for Children Advisory Board
Meeting date and Times
- Noon - 2 p.m.
- 1st Monday of Each Quarter
- 1530 S 18th Street
Lafayette, IN 47905
- Tom Murtaugh, President, Tippecanoe County Commissioner
- Kurt Wolf, Vice President, Lafayette Police Dept.
- Scott Angstadt, Secretary, Tippecanoe County Juvenile Probation
- Laura Speicher, Attendance Director, Lafayette School Corp.
- Monica Casanova, Trustee, Fairfield Township
- Ashley Jones, Tippecanoe County DCS
- Robert Goldsmith, Sheriff, Tippecanoe County Sheriff
- Bill Jones, Tippecanoe Township Trustee
- Ben Murray, member, Tippecanoe County Council
- Aaron Johnson, President, Jesse's Kids Foundation, INC.
- K.D. Benson, Community Member
- Dan Long, Lafayette Police Department
Cary Home Representatives
- Rebecca Humphrey, Youth Services Director
- Julie Pressler, Administrative Assistant
The Jessie Levering Cary Home for Children Advisory Board is composed of representatives from the following:
- 2 Township Trustees
- Division of Family and Children
- Jessie's Kids Foundation, INC
- Lafayette Police Department
- Lafayette School Corporation
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners
- Tippecanoe County Council
- Tippecanoe County Juvenile Courts
- Tippecanoe County Probation Department
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department
Each organization appoints a representative to represent its interest on the Advisory Board. Each appointee serves a minimum of 2 years.
Responsibilities for Advisory Board Members
- To advocate financial support of Cary Home with Tippecanoe County and the community at large
- To participate in board motivated programs and activities for the residents of Cary Home
- To promote Cary Home within the community (This includes regular reports back to the department appointed through)
- To serve on board committees
- To set program direction for Cary Home through board discussion and decision making
Each board member is expected to regularly attend and participate. On occasions when an absence is unavoidable, a substitute representing your organization should attend.