Not Receiving Child Support Question

My employer is taking child support out of my check, but the custodial parent isn't getting it. Why not?
The most likely reason is that the custodial parent is receiving TANF benefits. Indiana law prohibits a custodial parent from receiving both TANF benefits and child support payments. Therefore, for any month in which a custodial parent has accepted a cash payment for TANF, all child support paid during that month will be retained by the Child Support Bureau as reimbursement for the TANF benefits.

If the custodial parent is not on TANF and is still not receiving the support you pay, something is wrong. You should first check with your employer to make sure he or she is correctly sending the child support to the Indiana State Central Collection Unit.

You can call the Indiana KIDS Line at 800-840-8757 to make sure that the payments are being received.

If payments are being received at the Central Collection Unit but not getting sent to the custodial parent, the custodial parent should check with the Tippecanoe County Clerk to make sure his or her address is correct. If that still doesn't fix the problem, either one of you may send us a written request, and we will do our best to find and fix the problem. Be sure to let us know that you have already tried all of the above steps.