Superior Court 6

Tippecanoe Superior Court 6 has jurisdiction over traffic cases including traffic infractions, misdemeanors, and Level 6 Felonies. 

This would include traffic violations, operating while intoxicated, and other criminal cases involving the use of a motor vehicle, including first time offense Operating While Suspended – infraction cases;  Leaving the Scene of an Accident; Never Receiving a License; Habitual Traffic Violation; Reckless Driving; and Child Restraint Violations – civil infraction.

Misdemeanor Operating While Suspended cases are the jurisdiction of Superior Court 7 and questions should be directed to that Court.  Superior Court 7

Information regarding your case can be found at .  If, after review, you still need additional information, please have your case number and contact the Court at .

All payments for fines and costs and questions regarding how to make payment should be made and directed to the Tippecanoe County Clerk’s Office. County Clerk

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: How do I get a "hardship license" so I can drive to work?

A: The State of Indiana no longer issues "hardship licenses".  Instead please fill out & print the "Verified Petition for Specialized Driving Privileges" at this LINK then mail or bring the completed form to the Superior Court 6 Office or the Clerk's Office located at: 

Tippecanoe County Courthouse

301 Main Street, 

Lafayette, IN 47901.

Q: How do I waive my BMV re-instatement fee?
A: You will need to go to to Indiana legal Help for information on how and where to file a request for waiver of BMV fees.

Related Documents