- Elected Officials
- Posting Bonds
Posting Cash and Surety Bonds
Bonds & Return of BondsIf the Court has ordered a surety bond to be posted, you will need to contact a bail bondsman. If the Court has ordered a cash bond, it is paid at the Clerk's office during regular office hours and at the Tippecanoe County Jail after hours.
When a bond is posted, a receipt will be written. Keep this receipt! You must have the receipt to have your bond money returned.
To receive a refund of bond money, you must:
How to Receive A Refund
- Get a release from the Court where your case was filed.
- Bring the original receipt, the release from the Court, and a photo ID to the Tippecanoe County Clerk's Office located on the second floor of the Courthouse.
- The clerk will review your paperwork. Refund checks will not be written until the next day. The check will be sent by US mail to the address provided.
- Or, 60 days after arrest and no charges have been filed by Prosecutor, send email to email@example.com. Please include the following:
- pdf or photo copy of original bond receipt
- pdf or photo copy of arrested party ID
- current address where check should be mailed if prosecutor is not filing charges
Ten percent of the amount of the bond, up to a maximum of $50, will be retained by the Clerk's Office as an administrative fee. A $5 Death Benefit fee must be added to the cash bond amount. In addition, the Court may order a portion or all of your bond applied to restitution or court costs.
Administrative Fees & Court Costs
Name On BondBonds are written only in the name of the defendant; regardless of who paid that bond. Bond refunds will be made payable to and given only to the defendant. If you are posting money on behalf of someone else, it will be your responsibility to collect that money from the defendant when and if the bond is returned. You must bring a photo ID if picking up your check from our office.
PLEASE BE SURE TO USE LOCATION CODE 38034
WHEN POSTING BONDS AT PAYGOV
It is best to pay your bond at the Tippecanoe County Jail, especially during weekends and holidays if you wish to expedite the process.
If you wish to post the cash portion of a bond online and by credit card, please select the PayGOV.US link below. Cash payments not made in person at the clerk's office or at the Tippecanoe County Jail may take several days to process.