Note from the County Assessor
We are pleased to welcome you not only to this web site but also to our office located in the Tippecanoe County Office Building.
My goal as County Assessor is to work towards every property owner being fairly and equally assessed. Assessing officials must follow the rules of the Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) in all assessment or reassessment of real property practices. The mission of a reassessment is to inventory, verify, and value all real estate parcels. This process distributes the property tax burden in a uniform and equitable manner.
Mass appraisal is not perfect, so we encourage property owners to review their assessments. We welcome any questions and/or concerns.
I am honored to hold this office and serve you in the capacity of Tippecanoe County Assessor.
Schedule an Appointment
Would you like to talk to an assessor about your property? Have you noticed an error on your property record card? Do you have general assessment related questions? You can now schedule an appointment with a member of the Assessor's Office to discuss these issues. You can even arrange for a field review of your property! Use our new online tool for easy scheduling.
2017 Form 11 Notices of Assessment were mailed to Tippecanoe County property owners on June 30, 2017. The window to file Property Assessment Appeals ran from June 30 through August 14, 2017. For more information, please see the Property Assessment Appeals page.
The following links will take you to a secure portal which automates signature processing and approval, and allows you to submit your forms electronically. The following forms are to be used by Taxpayers filing on behalf of themselves.
- Form 130: Taxpayer's Notice to Initiate an Appeal or File a Correction
- Form 137R: Petition for Survey and Reassessment - Real or Personal Property Partially or Totally Destroyed by Disaster
- Form 136: Application for Property Tax Exemption
- Form 103 Short (For Taxpayers): Business Tangible Personal Property Return
- Form 103 Long (For Taxpayers): Business Tangible Personal Property Assessment Return
- Forms 102 and 104 (For Taxpayers): Farmer's Tangible Personal Property Return and Business Tangible Personal Property Return
- Form 102 (For Taxpayers): Farmer's Tangible Personal Property Assessment Return
Only use the following forms if you are a Tax Preparer filing on behalf of a client. You will be prompted to submit the property owner's e-mail address. The forms will not be considered valid until E-signed by the property owner.
- Form 103 Short (For Tax Preparers): Business Tangible Personal Property Return
- Form 103 Long (For Tax Preparers): Business Tangible Personal Property Assessment Return
- Forms 102 and 104 (For Tax Preparers): Farmer's Tangible Personal Property Return and Business Tangible Personal Property Return
- Form 102 (For Tax Preparers): Farmer's Tangible Personal Property Assessment Return
- Form 130 (For Tax Preparers): Taxpayer's Notice to Initiate an Appeal
- Sales Disclosure Form (for Preparers)
- 2013 Cyclical Reassessment Plan (PDF)
- 2013 GIS Silverlight Guide (PDF)
- Annual Adjustments Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FAQ - Assessment of Appeals (PDF)
- FAQ - Personal Property (PDF)
- History Of Property Valuation Changes (PDF)
- How to Complete Indiana Personal Property Tax Forms (PDF)
- Neighborhoods with Sub-Markets in Neighborhood Order (PDF)
- Neighborhoods with Sub-markets in Township and Sub-Market Order (PDF)
- Property Tax Appeals Process (PDF)
- Request for Review of Mobile Home Assessment 2016
- Tippecanoe County Analysis of the Ratio Report and Equalization Study (PDF)