About the Recycling and Solid Waste Management District
Clinton County and Tippecanoe County came together to form the Wildcat Creek Solid Waste Management District in 1990 by Legislative Act 1240 which became Public Law 10-1990. This act formed solid waste management districts in most counties in Indiana with the purpose of reducing the amount of material going to landfills by 50% by the year 2001. In 2012, Tippecanoe County formed its own Solid Waste Management District, independent from Clinton County.
The Tippecanoe County Recycling and Solid Waste District now funds 4 recycling drop-off locations, a household hazardous waste drop-off location, and two electronics recycling events per year. Currently, the TCRSWD contracts with Best Way Disposal to operate our recycling and hazardous waste operations. Best Way Disposal operates the transfer station location at 2770 N 9th Street, Lafayette. Tippecanoe County households are welcome to use our recycling drop-off bins and the household hazardous waste drop-off. Anyone may use the trash and yard debris services at the transfer station, as those charge a per ton fee ($55/ton, minimum of $22.50 for less than half a ton). If you have questions about bringing trash or yard debris to the transfer station, their number is 765-742-7131. If you have questions about the recycling or household hazardous waste program, contact the Tippecanoe Recycling and Solid Waste District at 765-423-2858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision and Mission Statement
Vision: An environmentally responsible community through waste reduction at the source, recycling, and hazardous waste disposal.
Mission: To reduce waste being sent to landfills and/or entering the environment by providing recycling and household hazardous waste disposal options to Tippecanoe County residents, providing outreach and education to the community, and partnering with local organizations to provide fiscally responsible waste diversion opportunities.
- Madison Neher, email@example.com @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Board President: Tom Murtaugh, Tippecanoe County Commissioner
- Board Vice President: Tracy Brown, Tippecanoe County Commissioner
- Board Member: David Byers, Tippecanoe County Commissioner
- Board Member: Tony Roswarski, Mayor of Lafayette
- Board Member: John Dennis, Mayor of West Lafayette
- Board Member: John Basham, Tippecanoe County Council Member
- Board Member: Nancy Nargi, Lafayette City Council Member @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Committee Chair: Ellen Tobias, Shelby Township resident
- Committee Member: Claudia Capuano, Bota-Nanny Founder
- Committee Member: Derrick Mitchell, Operations Supervisor at Oscar Winski E-Recycling
- Committee Member: John Thomas, Wea Township resident
- Committee Member: Katie Effinger, Lab Operations Manager at Inari Agriculture
- Committee Member: Maureen Berry, Member of West Lafayette Go Greener Commission
- Committee Member: Monica Christopher, Educator with Tippecanoe Partnership for Water Quality
- Committee Member: Patrick Brown, Purdue Sustainability Coordinator
- Committee Member: Rick Reuss, Concerned Citizen @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>