A R E A P L A N C O M M I S S I O N
OF TIPPECANOE COUNTY
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
DATE.........JUNE 20, 2012
PLACE...... COUNTY OFFICE BUILDING
20 NORTH 3RD STREET
LAFAYETTE, IN 47901
A G E N D A
I. BRIEFING SESSION
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
III. NEW BUSINESS
A. TRANSPORTATION RESOLUTIONS
1. RESOLUTION T-12-03: AN AMENDMENT TO THE FY 2012-2015 Transportation Improvement Program: 12 yes to 0 no
The Indiana Department of Transportation requests an amendment to program eight bridge projects.
2. RESOLUTION T-12-04: FY 2013 & FY 2014 Unified Planning Work Program: 12 yes to 0 no
Review and approve the FY 2013 & FY 2014 Unified Planning Work Program (July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2014) and the Cost Allocation Plan for FY2013.
B. LAFAYETTE REDEVELOPMENT COMMISSION TIF DISTRICTS
1. RESOLUTION 2012-02 - Amending the Development Plan for the Consolidated Central Lafayette Redevelopment Area: 12 yes to 0 no
This resolution, seeking determination with the adopted Comprehensive Plan, amends the Consolidated Central TIF District by adding certain properties for acquisition to its plan by Lafayette Redevelopment Commission Resolution LRC #2012-07.
2. RESOLUTION 2012-03 - Amending the Declaratory Resolutions and Development Plans for the Consolidated Creasy Lane Economic Development Area to Amend and Expand Such Area: 12 yes to 0 no
This resolution, seeking determination with the adopted Comprehensive Plan, amends the area of and the plan for the Consolidated Creasy TIF District by Lafayette Redevelopment Commission Resolution LRC #2012-08.
C. PRIMARY APPROVAL EXTENSION REQUEST
1. PARAMOUNT-LAKESHORE SUBDIVISION (S-3152): 12 yes to 0 no
The developer, RBT Development, LLC (represented by Vester & Associates), is a second 2-year primary approval extension. The first was granted March 21, 2007 (now expired). The preliminary plat covers a 6-lot (5 blocks and 1 outlot) commercial subdivision on 31 acres, located on the north side of US 52, approximately 1/4 mile west of Morehouse Rd., Wabash 2 (NE) 23-5.
IV. PUBLIC HEARING
A. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT
1. Resolution T-12-05: Metropolitan TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR 2040, COMPLETING OUR STREETS 12 yes to 0 no
The APC is required to update the long range transportation plan every five years to maintain this community's eligibility to receive federal transportation funds. In conjunction with local jurisdictions, staff has completed the Metropolitan Transportation Plan for 2040, Completing Our Streets. Staff, as well as the Technical Transportation and Administrative Committees recommend adoption of the Plan as an amendment to the Comprehensive Plan for Tippecanoe County.
B. REZONING ACTIVITIES
1. Z-2482 STATE STREET CORNER, LLC (State Street Corner PD) (CBW to PDMX): 12 yes to 0 no
Petitioner is requesting rezoning of approximately 0.21 acres for a new, five-story, mixed-use building containing over 20,000 square feet of retail found in the basement, first and second floors and 24 apartment units with 49 bedrooms found on the third, fourth and fifth floors. The property is located in Chauncey Village on the northwest corner of Northwestern Avenue and State Street, West Lafayette, Wabash 19 (NE) 23-4.
Petitioner is requesting rezoning of 0.31 acres located at the southeast corner of Northwestern and Meridian Street for a three-story apartment building consisting of a 28-space ground floor parking garage and two floors above containing 14 apartment units with 28 bedrooms located in the New Chauncey Neighborhood at 818 Northwestern Avenue, West Lafayette, Wabash 18 (NW) 23-4. CONTINUED FROM THE MAY APC MEETING BY INCONCLUSIVE VOTE.
3. Z-2491 JOHN R. & CONNIE L. BASHAM (R3W to R4W): 12 yes to 0 no
Petitioners are requesting rezoning of two lots located on the east side of S. Chauncey Avenue, between Harrison Street and Williams Street, more specifically 320 and 326 S. Chauncey, West Lafayette, Wabash 19 (SE) 23-4. CONTINUED FROM THE MAY APC MEETING AT PETITIONERS' REQUEST.
4. Z-2493 CROSSWALK PROJECT, INC. (Crosswalk Commons PD) (A to PDRS): Continued to the July APC meeting
Petitioner is requesting rezoning of approximately 1.35 acres for a three-story apartment building containing 32 units with up to 88 bedrooms and a 50-space parking lot. The property is located in unincorporated Tippecanoe County at 925 Hilltop Drive, Wabash 18 (SW) 23-4.
5. Z-2494 STADIUM CAPITAL, LLC (720 Northwestern PD)(CBW to PDMX): 11 yes to1 no
Petitioner is requesting rezoning of approximately 2 acres for a five-story, mixed-use building containing a maximum of 230 apartment units with up to 490 bedrooms, over 41,000 square feet of ground floor retail and a 405 space underground parking garage in addition to 35 restriped public, on-street angled parking spaces. The property is located in the New Chauncey Neighborhood and is bounded by Northwestern Avenue, Dodge, Allen and Evergreen Streets, West Lafayette, Wabash 18 (SE) 23-4.
6. Z-2495 MICHAEL THEBO (R2 to NBU): 12 yes to 0 no
Petitioner is requesting rezoning of one lot located at 508 N. 26th Street, just north of the Cason/26th Street intersection, in Lafayette, Fairfield 21 (SE) 23-4.
7. Z-2496 GERALD & JESSICA BECK (AW to I2): 12 yes to 0 no
Petitioners are requesting rezoning of 3.596 acres located on the west side of CR 775 E, between SR 26 E and CR 100 N, more specifically, 360 N 775 E, Perry 21 (NE) 23-3.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS
VI. APPROVAL OF THE JULY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AGENDA
VII. DETERMINATION OF VARIANCES -- Area Board of Zoning Appeals
VIII. DIRECTOR'S REPORT
IX. CITIZENS' COMMENTS AND GRIEVANCES