Missing a Child Support Check? back  
Date of Record: January 26, 2005

Missing a Check?

First, call the Kids Line at 1-800-840-8757 to see when the check was mailed. If it was mailed at least two weeks earlier, you may choose to stop payment on the check by paying the $25 stop payment fee.  If you pay the fee, we will stop payment on the check and issue another check. The replacement check will be mailed to you the next day.

If you don't want to pay the $25 fee, you must wait until the original check becomes void. All child support checks become void 90 days after the date of issue. At that time, we can issue a replacement check at no charge.