To Obtain a Marriage License in Tippecanoe County:
- One party must reside in the county for the resident fee of $20.00; if claiming residency and identification shows the current address, no additional documentation is required. If it does not show current residence, please bring one of the following:
- Copy of lease
- Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Other official document with the current residence address
- If neither party is an Indiana resident but the couple intends to be married in Tippecanoe County, the non-resident fee is $62.00.
- Each party must prove date of birth; this can be done by presenting one of the following:
- Driver license or ID card showing date of birth
- Certified copy of state-issued birth certificate
- Military identification or discharge papers with date of birth
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to marry without special consent.
- Persons who are 17 years of age must apply for the license with parent or legal guardian who must sign the consent.
- Persons who are 16 years of age or younger must petition the Court for permission.
Both parties must appear together in person to apply for a marriage license. The Clerk’s Office is located on the 2nd Floor of the Tippecanoe County Courthouse, 301 Main Street. Marriage licenses are issued:
- 8am – 4:15pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- 8am – 6:15pm Tuesday
If parties complete the biographical information online at http://www.in.gov/judiciary/marriage/, the process should take approximately five (5) minutes. Otherwise, a computer is available in the office, but will increase the time needed to complete the application process.
- Debit/credit cards (service fee will apply)
- Personal checks are not accepted
Marriage Ceremony: A list of Judges who perform weddings can be found in the box above. You must contact their office directly for an appointment. Members of the clergy (including minister, priest, bishop, rabbi, imam) who have been ordained may also officiate marriage ceremonies.
Expiration: The marriage license is issued the day it is issued and expires in sixty (60) days. It is only valid inside the boundaries of the State of Indiana.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org