Located in Battle Ground, Indiana, the park is a National Historic Landmark. On November 11, 1811 Gen. William Henry Harrison led his troops into battle against representatives of Tecumseh's Native American confederation. The Tippecanoe County Historical Association (TCHA) operates a museum in the park that tells the story of the Battle. It features a gift shop. Call TCHA for museum operating hours and admission prices (765) 567-2147 or (765) 476-8411.
School programs available.
The 104-acre park features an 85' tall marble obelisk monument to the Battle of Tippecanoe. Other amenities include a picnic shelter (capacity 40) with electricity, available for reservation, the Wah-ba-shik-a Nature Center, open 10-5 daily mid-April through early November, picnic areas, hiking trails, the Trailhead to the Wabash Heritage Trail, Burnett's Creek, the Leona Brier Educational Center (for naturalist programming), historic Chapel (capacity 80) heated & air conditioned for weddings, meetings, services. Contact the park department office at 463-2306 for information. The Harrisonville Cemetery, a restored pioneer cemetery is located next to the Chapel in the north end of the park.
For picnic shelter reservations, Chapel information call the park department office at 463-2306. You may reach the Battlefield Park Manager at 567-6218. Naturalist services: 567-2993. Wabash Heritage Trail Manager 567-6218. TippecanoeCounty Historical Assoc. 567-2147.
Tippecanoe Battlefield Park
200 Battle Ground Ave
Battle Ground, IN 47920