2. By mail - complete an Absentee Ballot Application and mail it to:
Board of Elections and Registration
P.O. Box 619
Lafayette, IN 47902
Click here to download an absentee ballot application
IMPORTANT DATES REGARDING ABSENTEE VOTING;
Monday, April 28, 2014-Absentee ballots for the Primary are due by 11:59 pm.
Monday, October 27, 2014-Absentee ballots for the General are due by 11:59 pm.
GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING ABSENTEE VOTING
- All registered voters in Indiana are eligible to vote absentee-in-person at the county election board office beginning 29 days before Election Day.
- In order to vote absentee-by-mail, one of the following must apply:
- You have a specific, reasonable expectation that you will be absent from the county on Election Day during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open (6 am until 6 pm).
- You have a disability.
- You are at least 65 years of age.
- You will have official election duties outside of your voting precinct.
- You are scheduled to work at your regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- You will be confined due to illness or injury or you will be caring for an individual confined due to illness or injury during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- You are prevented from voting because of a religious discipline or religious holiday during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- You are a participant in the state's address confidentiality program.
- You are a member of the military or a public safety officer.
Note: Voters voting absentee-by-mail are NOT required to show photo ID.