Register to Vote Online
If you have an Indiana issued Drivers License or Identification Card visit the Indiana Voters website.
Register at the BMV
When updating or Renewing your Drivers License or Identification Card you can also update your Voter Registration.
Register to Vote by Mail
Download a Voter Registration Form (VRG-7) (PDF), or pick one up from any of the following locations:
- The Board of Elections and Registration
- City or County Clerk's Office
- License Branch
- Tippecanoe County Library
- Township Trustee's Office
- West Lafayette Library
Tippecanoe County Voter Registration
20 N 3rd Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
The registration deadline to cast a ballot in the 2018 May Primary Election is Monday, April 9, 2018.
The registration deadline to cast a ballot in the 2018 November General Election is Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
A voter must be 18 by Tuesday, November 6, 2018 to cast a ballot in the 2018 May Primary Election.
A person must meet the following requirements to be a registered voter in Indiana:
- A citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age by the day of the next General election
- Live in a precinct for at least 30 days before the next election
- Not currently in prison following conviction of a crime: See voter registration issues for more on disenfranchisement while imprisoned, IC 3-7-13-3
Some Common Voter Registration Issues
In Indiana, a person cannot vote on Election Day unless the person has registered to vote by the deadline which is the 29th day before the election (IC 3-7-13-10). When registering to vote in Indiana a voter does not declare Party affiliation. Registering to vote is a non-partisan function of government.
Disenfranchisement While Imprisoned
A person who has been convicted of a crime and imprisoned following conviction is ineligible to vote while in prison and is removed from the voter registration rolls (IC 3-7-45-2). A person who is imprisoned but has not been convicted of a crime (imprisoned and awaiting trial) is still eligible to vote and run for office.
The following are not considered imprisonment for the purpose of voting. A person who is:
- On parole
- On probation
- Subject to home detention under IC 3-7-46-2