Essential Recording Requirements
- Acknowledgement: To entitle any conveyance, mortgage, or instrument of writing to be recorded. (IC 32-21-2-3)
- Legibility of Names: Typed or printed under each signature exactly as signed. (IC 36-2-11-16)
- Name of Person Preparing Instrument: Each document prepared or notarized in Indiana. (IC 36-2-11-15c)
- Notarized Documents: Requires notary's county and state of residence, commission expiration and seal. (IC 36-2-11-16c3)
- Sales Disclosure Forms: Endorsement by County Assessor prior to recording any conveyance document. (IC 6-1.1-5.5-6b)
- Transfer of Deeds of Taxation: Endorsement by County Auditor prior to recording any conveyance document. (IC 36-2-11-14 & IC 6-1.1-5.5-6b)
- Release of Satisfaction of Liens: May be executed by President, Vice-President, Cashier, Secretary, Treasurer, General Manager, or Attorney-in-Fact only.
- Affirmation statement: Required on all documents executed or acknowledged in the State of Indiana at the conclusion of the document with the prepared by statement.
- "I affirm, under the penalties for perjury, that I have taken reasonable care to redact each Social Security number in this document, unless required by law." "printed name" (IC 36-2-11-15d)
- Grantee address required: Complete street or rural route address of the grantee after the mailing address (when applicable) on all conveyances of real property. (IC 32-21-2-3b)